Brown Butter Rotini with Kale, Almonds, and Parmigiano
Makes 4 Servings
box Banza Rotini
oz. Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
oz. Black & Bolyard® Original Unfiltered Brown Butter
Lemon Juice, to taste
Lemon Zest, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water liberally with salt.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the almonds to the pan and toast stirring often until they just begin to get light brown in color and are fragrant. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Using a chef’s knife, gently tap the garlic cloves between the heel of the knife and the cutting board. Discard the skin of the garlic and finely slice the cloves.
- Cut the kale into 1/2″ slices and reserve.
- Drop 8 oz. of pasta into the boiling salted water and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Simultaneously, melt the 3 oz. of Black & BolyardTM Original Unfiltered Brown Butter Brown Butter in a large pan. Add the sliced garlic, stir and toast until golden for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced kale to the pan and wilt down.
- Add the toasted almonds to the pan and season everything lightly with sea salt.
- When the pasta is slightly al dente, strain from the boiling water and add to pan with a few splashes of the pasta water from the pot. Cook for another minute to meld the components and toss to coat the pasta.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh lemon juice in the pan, then transfer to bowls.
- With a microplane or semi-fine cheese grater, grate a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano over the top of the pasta. Using the same microplane, zest the lemons over the pasta as well.