Makes 1 Pan of Cornbread
Tbsp. (55g) Black & Bolyard® Bay Leaf Brown Butter
cups (250g) Whole Milk
ea. (108g) Large Eggs
(195g) Coarse Cornmeal
cup (65g) All Purpose Flour
cup (120g) Sugar
Tbsp. (10g) Baking Powder
tsp. (5g) Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg-milk mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Heat a Field Company Cast Iron Field Skillet over low heat and melt the Black & Bolyard® Bay Leaf Brown Butter. Once melted completely, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook, uncovered for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean from the center.
- Enjoy warm with another schmear of Black & Bolyard® Bay Leaf Brown Butter.