Skip to content
Makes 18 muffins
cups (400g) All Purpose Flour
cups (250g) Granulated Sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
Tbsp. (10g) Baking Powder
tsp. (3g) Kosher Salt
Tbsp. (84g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter, softened, plus more for serving
cup (240g) Whole Milk
ea. (50g) Large Egg plus 2 ea. (50g) egg yolks
Tbsp. (10g) Pure Vanilla Extract
cups (250g) Blueberries, Fresh
- Preheat a convection oven to 375F. Prepare muffin tins with paper cups.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to high and mix for another minute until light and whipped.
- Turn the speed back down to medium and slowly add the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix until fully emulsified.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients and milk, alternating back and forth until evenly incorporated. Turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Add in the blueberries to the batter and fold in with the spatula. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with granulated sugar.
- Bake the muffins in the oven at 375F for 25 minutes until a crust forms and the tops begin to turn a light golden color.
- Serve muffins warm or room temperature with more soft Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter to spread on.