Skip to content
Makes 1 Dozen Cookies
Tbsp. (110g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter, softened
cup (90g) Brown Sugar
cup (90g) Granulated Sugar
tsp. (3g) Kosher Salt
tsp. (4g) Baking Soda
Tbsp. (10g) Pure Vanilla Extract
ea. (50g) Large Egg
cups (200g) All Purpose Flour
cup (150g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat a convection oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter, sugars, salt, and baking soda on medium speed for about 2 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to high and mix for another minute until light and whipped.
- Turn the speed back down to medium and slowly add the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix until fully emulsified.
- Turn the mixer off and add the flour and chocolate. Turn the mixer back on a low speed, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Once the dough comes together, remove the bowl from the mixer and prepare a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Portion the cookies into ¼ c. (65g) scoops and drop onto the prepared tray. Be sure to leave approximately 3 inches between each cookie to ensure they don’t touch while spreading and cooking.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 350F for 13 minutes. To avoid spreading, chill the unbaked cookies on the tray for 15 minutes before baking.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool. For denser, chewier cookies, gently press the cookies while warm with a flat bottomed cup or container.
- Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk.