- Trim the stems and tops of the leeks. Rinse any dirty areas with water, then pat dry.
- Using a chef's knife, cut the leeks into sections approximately 1" long.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil the hot pan and swirl to coat the bottom evenly. It should begin to smoke lightly.
- Add the leeks to the pan with one of the the cut faces down. Season with sea salt.
- Cook the leeks in the hot pan until charred on the first side. Once blackened on the first side, flip the leeks over onto the uncooked side and repeat. Season with sea salt.
- When both sides of the leeks are charred, turn off the heat, transfer them to a serving dish and gently separate the pieces.
- Off the heat, add the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter to the same pan and swirl to melt completely.
- Spoon the melted brown butter over the cooked leeks and enjoy as a side dish to any family style meal. Season with more sea salt as needed.