2 ea (225g) parsnips, sliced
1 ea (130g) pear, sliced
1 small knob (20g) ginger, minced
1 ea (35g) shallot, minced
¼ cup (60g) almonds, toasted
2 cups (450g) whole milk
4 tbsp. (56g) Black & Bolyard Salted Honey Brown Butter
1. In a pot over medium-low heat, melt 2 tbsp. of the Salted Honey Brown Butter.
2. Sweat the minced shallot and ginger in the Brown Butter until soft and translucent.
3. Add the sliced parsnip and pear to the pot. Stir to combine with shallot and ginger.
4. Season lightly with kosher salt to help release moisture. Sweat the vegetables and fruit together for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add the milk to the pot and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and slowly simmer the ingredients until fully tender.
7. Transfer all of the cooked ingredients to a blender and puree until completely smooth. Season to taste.
8. Pour the soup into serving bowls. Top with almonds and remaining melted Salted Honey Brown Butter. Optional: serve with dark bread on the side.