Skip to content
Makes 4 servings
ea. (225g) Parsnips
ea. (130g) Pear
small knob (20g) Ginger
ea. (35g) Shallot
cup (60g) Almonds
oz. (450g) Half & Half
Tbsp. (68g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
Lime for juicing
Black Sea Salt to finish
Kosher Salt to taste
- Peel and mince the shallot and ginger.
- Peel the parsnips and pear and slice into ¼” pieces.
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, melt 2 Tbsp. of the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter.
- Sweat the minced shallot and ginger in the brown butter until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced parsnip and pear to the pot. Stir to combine with shallot and ginger.
- Season lightly with kosher salt to help release moisture. Sweat the vegetables and fruit together for about 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent any caramelization.
- Add all of the half & half to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and slowly simmer the ingredients until fully tender.
- Transfer all of the cooked ingredients to a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Season the soup with lime juice and kosher salt to taste.
- In a separate pot over medium-low heat, melt the remaining 4 Tbsp. of brown butter.
- Add the almonds to the pot and cook until fragrant and toasted.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. of the brown butter with almonds over the top of the soup.
- Sprinkle the top with black sea salt to finish. Serve hot and enjoy.