16 oz. (454g) Beef Ribeye, preferably 1” thick, bone-in
5 Tbsp. (70g) Black & Bolyard Original Brown Butter
2 Tbsp. (28g) canola oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 sprigs thyme, fresh
1 bay leaves, fresh
Flaky sea salt
1. Remove the steak from any packaging and pat dry.
2. Heat a cast iron or black steel pan over high heat.
3. Liberally season the steak with kosher salt.
4. Add the canola oil the hot pan and swirl to coat.
5. Wait until the oil is smoking hot, then carefully transfer the steak to the pan.
6. Sear the steak until deeply roasted and browned on the first side, approximately 4 minutes.
7. Using a spoon or tongs, flip the steak to sear the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
8. Turn the heat off and add the Original Unfiltered Brown Butter, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
9. As the butter melts, begin to baste the steak to continue cooking it for another 2 minutes. The thyme, bay leaves, and garlic will become aromatic and begin to fry in the butter.
10. For a medium-rare steak, cook until the internal temperature (closest to the bone, if applicable) reads 115F-120F with an instant read thermometer.
11. Remove the steak from the pan and transfer to a tray lined with a wire rack. Reserve the butter in the pan in a separate, heat-proof, container.
12. Let the steak rest for 15 minutes before cutting.