Skip to content
Makes 1 Steak
oz. (450g) Beef Ribeye, preferably 1” thick, bone-in
Tbsp. (70g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
Tbsp. (28g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cloves garlic crushed
sprigs thyme, fresh
Kosher Salt, as needed
- Remove the steak from any packaging and allow to come to room temperature, approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron or black steel pan over high heat.
- Liberally season the steak with Kosher Salt.
- Add the olive oil the hot pan and swirl to coat.
- Wait until the oil is smoking hot, then carefully transfer the steak to the pan.
- Sear the steak until deeply roasted and browned on the first side, approximately 4 minutes.
- Using a spoon or tongs, flip the steak to sear the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter, garlic, and thyme.
- As the butter melts, begin to baste the steak to continue cooking it for another 2 minutes. The thyme and garlic will become aromatic and begin to fry in the butter.
- For a medium-rare steak, cook until the internal temperature (closest to the bone, if applicable) reads 115F-120F with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the steak from the pan and transfer to a tray lined with a wire rack. Reserve the butter in the pan in a separate, heat-proof, container.
- Let the steak rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board. With a sharp knife, slice the steak into into desired portions.
- Generously brush the slices with the reserved brown butter from the pan. Finish the steak with coarse sea salt as desired.