- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place kitchen towel on surface of cutting board and lay chicken, breast-side down, on towel.
- Using a sharp knife, or sharp kitchen shears, cut alongside both sides of chicken spine until you can easily remove backbone. Discard spine or save it to make stock.
- Flip chicken over so it’s breast-side up on cutting board. Press down on breast bone until chicken lays flat.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Scatter Meyer lemon slices in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, combine black pepper and paprika. Season chicken generously with salt, followed by the black pepper and paprika mixture.
- Lay chicken skin-side up on top of lemon slices.
- Roast for 35 minutes, drizzle olive oil on top, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes (until juices run clear and lemons become jammy).
- Transfer chicken to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice chicken into 8 pieces. Spoon Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
on top, sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt, and a squeeze of lemon before serving.