3 eggs, large
2 tsp (6g) cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg, grated
1/2 tsp (3g) kosher salt
1 tsp (5g) vanilla bean paste
1 cup (240g) whole milk
Brioche, or other delicious bread, sliced into thick slabs
Black & Bolyard Original Brown Butter
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla bean paste
2. Add milk to bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly.
3. Add sliced bread to bowl and let sit in egg/milk mixture for a few minutes, flipping once to fully hydrate.
4. In a skillet, melt Original Brown Butter and add slices of bread, being sur enot to overcrowd the pan.
5. Toast and cook the bread for a few minutes until browned on both sides. Repeat until all bead is cooked.
6. In a pot, combine equal parts maple syrup and Original Brown Butter and gently heat until melted and fragrant.
6. Stack cooked french toast on plate and pour Maple Brown Butter over the top.