Skip to content
Makes 4 servings
Very Fresh Dry Sea Scallops
Tbsp. (70g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
Tbsp. (28g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt to taste
- Remove the muscle from the side of each scallop and pat dry. Season with kosher salt.
- Fully melt 2 Tbsp. (30g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter in a small saucepan and keep aside on very low heat.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Just before smoking add the olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Season scallops evenly with salt on both sides. Delicately place scallops in the pan as to not splatter the oil.
- Allow to cook untouched for 2-3 minutes until a light brown, caramelized crust forms on the scallops.
- Add the remaining 3 Tbsp. (45g) of the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter to the pan and baste the scallops gently for 30 seconds as soon as the brown butter melts.
- Flip all of the scallops and cook for another 30 seconds, turn off the heat and remove scallops from the pan immediately to prevent overcooking. Drain on paper towels.
- Plate 3 scallops per person and with a spoon, Sauce the warm Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter all over. Eat while hot!