Skip to content
Makes 4 Servings
Fresh Sea Scallops
lb. Linguine Pasta
cup Frozen Peas
oz. Capers, drained
oz. Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
cup Panko Breadcrumbs
Lemon, Juice and Zest
oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season generously with sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Toss the Panko bread crumbs, lemon zest, and 1oz of olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Mix well and season to taste with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Spread seasoned breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and toast until golden, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine in the boiling water until it is al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat, and cook until nicely seared on one side, about 3 minutes, flip and cook for a minute more (Note: cook time varies with the size of scallops).
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter. Using a spoon, baste the seared scallops with the melted brown butter. Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the pasta water to the brown butter in the pan and stir over high heat. Add the pasta, peas, and capers, and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add the seared scallops back to the pan and toss them with pasta gently.
- Add the lemon juice and taste for seasoning. Add sea salt as needed.
- Plate the pasta, and liberally sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs and freshly cracked black pepper.