Skip to content
Makes 4 Servings
Box Banza Shells
Medium Shrimp, Shells Removed
Bunch Basil, Fresh
Tbsp. (12.5g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
oz. (85g) Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter
Lime Juice, to taste
Lime zest, to taste
Sea Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water liberally with salt.
- Clean the ears of corn by peeling back the husk and removing the hairs.
- Trim the corn kernels off of the ears and set aside.
- Heat a medium cast iron pan over high heat. Add olive oil and the corn to the pan and let char, stirring only a couple times to achieve a dark color.
- *Whole ears of corn can also be grilled over high heat in place of using a cast iron pan, then the kernels can be trimmed off.
- Lightly season the charred corn and remove from the cast iron pan. Set aside.
- Using a chef's knife, gently smash the garlic cloves between the heel of the knife and the cutting board. Discard the skin of the garlic and finely mince the cloves together.
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat and add the Black & Bolyard® Original Brown Butter. Season the shrimp with salt. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook together until fragrant.
- Pick the basil leaves and lightly rinse to remove any grit. Dry the leaves and cut into approximately 1/4" slices.
- Drop the box of Banza pasta into the same boiling salted water and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, add the charred corn to the pan with the garlic and shrimp. Add the sliced basil at this stage as well.
- When the pasta is slightly al dente, strain from the boiling water and add to pan with a few splashes of the pasta water from the pot. Cook for another minute to meld the components and toss to coat the pasta.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh lime juice in the pan, then transfer to bowls. With a microplane, zest the limes over the top of the pasta.